Tuesday, August 12, 2014

One year!

Today marks one year since the first surgery.  The surgery that explained so much... For years I had such severe pain that I just vomited repeatedly.  I remember a specific moment during my junior year of college... a friend of mine was diagnosed with endometriosis and I thought, "Wow!! That sounds exactly like what I go through every month." But, at that moment I also thought about the fact that it was probably just a coincidence, that everyone said that all women get cramps and that I wasn't any different, and to be honest, I was scared about what that would mean for me.  Instead of looking up more information I just pretended like it never happened.  Well, a year ago my suspicions were confirmed! And boy did I regret not looking into it a LOT earlier! Tonight I sit here thinking about everything that has happened over the past year and I am thankful for the many people who have continued to encourage me during some pretty crummy times!  It has really helped me to be able to put a smile on my face and move forward each day!

I went to Peoria to have my baseline blood work completed today.  I just have to say that I LOVE the nurse there!! She is just the sweetest.  I miss my nurse from Sher, but the new nurse grew on me very quickly... which is a good thing because we will be seeing a lot of each other!!! ;)

Tomorrow morning I will wake up and prep my "pen".  It seems to be very similar to an epi-pen, except it has a dial that sets the amount of medication that will be injected.  I have decided to do the injections at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. I am currently in the "over thinking everything" stage!!! Also in the "completely freaking out" stage!!! ;)  I am so thankful for Mike.  Even though he does not need to be part of these shots he told me that he feels that he should be awake for this.  I am so glad I am not in this alone.  I am sure I will need the moral support.

Thank you to everyone who is cheering us on, praying for us, or even just reading along!! Though I am a bundle of nerves tonight I know I will be ecstatic once I complete my first shot!! )

At dinner tonight, I asked Mike if he knew what the best part of tomorrow's shot was and he knew EXACTLY what I was going to say, "Once it is completed it is one less shot that I will EVER have to do"  And, that is true.  No matter how many attempts we have to make, tomorrow brings us one shot  closer to our future child/children!! What a blessing to know that!! :)

Goodnight!!

1 comment: