Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's March and we are moving forward!

After I published my last blog post I got a call from the IVF coordinator telling me that we got the approval for the medications and that I needed to call the pharmacy right away because two of the medications for my protocol are in shortage.  So, I called as soon as I hung up with her and I found out that I was able to get one of the medications that was in shortage and that the other one was not only in shortage, but was being discontinued and no longer manufactured! WHAT?!?!? CVS no longer had any in stock. We finished up the process of ordering the meds that they had (Placed the order for the luprolide to be sent over night) and then I called the IVF coordinator back.  I told her the news and she said that she would start making calls to see if she could find a pharmacy that still had some of the medication in stock that Health Alliance approves.  She called back a couple hours later and let me know that she had found a place on the East Coast! That pharmacy called me back within an hour or so.  I became nervous when the woman said that she hadn't heard of Health Alliance.  She took my information and told me that someone would get back to me within 48 hours to let me know if the meds were approved.  Thankfully I got a call the next day that they got approval and I will get the medication on Tuesday!

So, we waited all day on Friday.  Mike stayed home because it was too cold to have the meds sitting outside and we didn't know what time the meds would arrive.  So, when the meds arrived a little after 2:00 Mike brought them out to the school and I did my injection in the teacher's lounge! Not ideal, but I was just very thankful that we were able to get the injections and stay on track.  After school I took off to Iowa to visit the Kulows and meet my niece, Dolcey!

At this point I am nervous about this cycle, but excited for the opportunity to move forward.  I am hopeful that things will work out, but I am also nervous to be too hopeful.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers as we faced such uncertainty!  We have such an amazing group of people supporting us and we are SO thankful for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment