Thursday, September 4, 2014

Unfortunately it is negative

Yesterday was the big day.  I went in to Monmouth Hospital at 7:20 a.m. to get my blood test to determine if the IUI procedure was successful.  Though I did not have high hopes for success it is hard not to let myself get excited.  I checked my phone off and on throughout the day hoping that I would have a call from the doctor's office to give me the result.  No call came.  I waited until late afternoon and then I called because I didn't want them to close without giving me the results.  Not only did I want to find out, but I didn't want to have to have another rump shot if the result was negative.  The woman on the phone said I would have to leave a voicemail for the nurses and that someone would call me back before the end of the day.  So, I left a message and waited.  United West was in the Prime Beef Festival Parade so I walked with my phone in my pocket, ready to jump out of the parade if it was necessary to take the call.  But, no one called.  7:00 came and I had to do my shot.  By this morning I was VERY angry.  I called the lab at Monmouth Hospital to assure that they had faxed the lab work to my doctor's office.  They said that they finished the labs at 9:00 a.m. and that the computer immediately faxes the results to the doctor's office.  At that point I was even ANGRIER!!!! I called and left another message stating that I was calling back again because no one contacted me with my results and I would really like to know what was happening.  Later in the afternoon I finally got a call.  The nurse was very apologetic and said that somehow my message did not get to her.  She apologized several more times and then said, "Unfortunately your result was negative."
So, tonight we do not have to do a shot.  Instead we will go up to the prime beef festival and eat at the Lutheran tent.  I will get a cider slushy because I am not pregnant and therefore I can!! They said that I should start my period within 3-5 days and then they will put me back on the BCP to try to prepare me for the October IVF cycle.  I can't wait for the wonderful side effects that I get from the BCP!!! (Insert EXTREME sarcasm!!!)  Overall, this feels like the same type of disappointment that I have had with every cycle that has failed over the last 5 years.  I get frustrated with myself that I even let myself become hopeful, but then I think to myself that I am glad that I have a personality that allows so much hope.
Thank oyu for your continued support and prayers.  We appreciate you all!

4 comments:

  1. You're nicer than I am. I would have thrown a fit when they bungled getting your results to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shitballs. Can I say that? Sending hugs. October is a good month. BCP's seem so odd for fertility treatment. I guess they know what they are doing. I think of you all the time (does your nose itch or ears burn? I forget which it is!) I have your name written on a chalkboard that I walk by many times a day. It's my prayer chalkboard. I will continue my prayers for you. I SO want this to happen for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stef! I was mean for me, but it was still too nice!

    Deb, shitballs is right!!! You can definitely say that!! Thank you for your continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your comment about yourself... Amazingly wonderful to keep room for hope in any situation!!!! Kudos, Julie!

    ReplyDelete