Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 2 - NIAW

Today is Day 2 of National Infertility Awareness Week.  Today is the first day that I am actually feeling pretty normal since we found out that we had another failed cycle.  That was two weeks ago.

I have read a couple postings about infertility awareness today and as I read them I couldn't help but think that it would be easier to just stop all treatments than to try to figure out what to do next.  It is true!!! It is easier to just go from day to day in denial of my issues.  Realistically I know that the "easier" part would only last for so long and then I would be very disappointed in myself for letting precious time slip away.  But for at least a couple days I think I am going to give myself permission to just feel "normal"!!  And, hopefully in that time I will get some grad class stuff done.  IVF completely overtook my life and grad school was pushed to the back burner. :/  YIKES!! I have a lot to do in a short amount of time.  I am not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for two grad classes and went through two IVF cycles all at the same time.  MADNESS!!! ;)

I guess my little nugget of information about infertility today is that these treatments can take over a person's life and make them feel like a shell of the person that they once were.  A lot of days it is hard to push yourself to go places and do things because you just feel SO crummy.  Don't take it personally.  Hopefully someday things will improve and your friend will once again begin to feel like herself again!!




No comments:

Post a Comment