Saturday, February 13, 2016

6 and 1/2 years

6 and 1/2 years... that is how long it took!!! Each month hoping and praying that it would be different than the last.  6 and 1/2 years and one phone call changed everything!  After 6 and 1/2 years the mantra that I told myself with every injection "this will be worth it if it works" was proven true when I heard the news and realized that every single injection would be completely worth it and that I would do a MILLION more if I had to.  6 and 1/2 years of heartache vanished with a voicemail message that said "Please call us back.  Your lab results are in and we have good news!".  

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers throughout this journey!! We are still going to need them as we move closer to our February 29th appointment to hear the heartbeat of our baby.  (What are you going to do with your extra day this year?!?!? We are going to hear our baby's heartbeat!!!! AHHHH!!!) And all the way up to October (Our due date is October 18, 2016.) when we hope to have a healthly little boy or girl join Team McVey!  

I will make another post soon that gives more details about our two week wait, but I wanted to celebrate with all of you this weekend!!! We have a new little Valentine on board!!! :)  

Thanks again for your continued thoughts and prayers!  This journey has only just begun!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I am so very excited for you both. I will continue to lift you up in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carie!! Your prayers mean so much!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Such great news!! The Hartzells are so happy for you both, and we will keep you in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly!! We appreciate your prayers!! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Julie, it's Chris I found this blog on Lorie's page and I have been praying and thinking of you since I have talked to you at Tyler's wedding..I'm so happy for you and will continue to pray for you!!! Congratulations on this wonderful well waited for journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris!! It is so great to hear from you! I hope you are doing well!!

      Delete